SSSAA is pleased to welcome back spectators for the winter season. Please refer to expectations listed on the poster below. We will not be reserving two spots per player for the regular season. The 50% capacity limits will be in effect. St. Patrick (240), St. Ignatius (224), Superior (142), Westgate (110), Hammarskjold (86), La Verendrye (56), Cromarty (no spectator room available.
Vaccination Protocol Announced
All local School Boards and Education Councils have adopted a vaccine protocol for student athletes with the intention of maintaining an effective level of protection against the COVID-19 virus while providing students with the
experience of the competitive athletics program. The implementation of this strategy will help to keep student athletes, teacher-coaches, and officials safe. The vaccine protocol consists of the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for all
eligible participants in Grades 7-12 (without an approved medical exemption) in co-curricular
sports activities. (Click here for the full protocol).
Indoor Spectator News Release
The Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board and Lakehead Public Schools are pleased to announce that Superior Secondary Schools Athletic Association sporting events will welcome indoor spectators beginning Tuesday, November 16, 2021.
The Boards are strong supporters of the athletics programs and value the involvement of family and friends in school sports. The participation of school communities at sporting events will provide important encouragement and support for the student athletes and allow spectators to enjoy the experience.
As health and safety remain a priority for the Boards, school communities are asked to be prepared to follow the COVID-19 regulations surrounding indoor spectatorship in schools:
• Attendees must complete and pass the Ontario COVID-19 school and child care screening (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/);
• Proof of full vaccination must be shown at the door;
• Medical masks must be worn properly to cover the mouth and nose at all times;
• Family groups must sit together and ensure distancing from others.
The Boards are pleased to welcome two spectators per student athlete. Parents and guardians of performing athletes will be prioritized within the two-spectator limit, and remaining spots will be open to the public on a first come first served basis. The number of spots open to the public will be determined by the size of the facility. Spectators are asked to attend the facility no more than 30 minutes prior to game start time and will be asked to provide contact tracing information at the door.
The Boards look forward to ensuring that all COVID-19 related protocols and regulations are followed to provide a safe and positive experience for all.
- Winter Season SpectatorsSSSAA is pleased to welcome back spectators for the winter season. Please refer to expectations listed on the poster below. We will not be reserving two spots per player for the regular season. The 50% capacity limits will be in effect. St. Patrick (240), St. Ignatius (224), Superior (142), Westgate (110), Hammarskjold (86), La Verendrye (56), Cromarty (no spectator room available.
- Cross Country Running Schedule
- School Sports UpdateLATEST UPDATE ON SCHOOL SPORTS AND RETURN TO SCHOOL (September 13, 2021) The Lakehead DSB & the Thunder Bay Catholic DSB under the leadership of the Superior Secondary Schools Athletic Association is excited to offer five fall sporting opportunities to begin the 2021-22 school year. The past year and a half has been especially hard on our students and being able to safely offer co-curricular programs has been welcomed news…
- Virtual Training Videos Coming to Red ShirtStarting Monday, April 19th and with subsequent Monday’s after that is the release of a series of videos designed to help student-athletes with training. Having a virtual trainer show you exercises and what to do in mostly half hour blocks will enhance your Red Shirt Effect training programs. Every Monday will feature a new series of videos. We thank our partners from Thames River Valley Athletics and the trainers from…
- Alex Kopacz InterviewOlympic Gold Medalist Alex Kopacz joined our partners from London, and TVRA Athletics Director Michelle Lange to chat about many different themes around sport and training. Included are the benefits of different sports and how those skills and tests can be transferred to other sports and challenges. Check out this great chat on YouTube!